background

Saturday, January 24, 2009

opscomm

I was reading the... nevermind. Suffice it to say I get emails all the time from a network of spanish linguists. It's like a mass email system, the emails are sent to all the members. This is a fairly new thing to me and I don't even know most of the people that I receive these emails from but sometimes (rarely) it's interesting.

Anyway, someone was talking about getting together with another family and vacationing together. I don't really have anyone like that. I wish we had friends with kids similar ages that were about the same place in life as us. It's difficult because you also have to have about the same amount of disposible income and share the same interests.

3 comments:

Mickity said...

I have no kids. I have no disposable income. I am close to you in age though...we can hang out. Yago can watch the kids and me and you can go find a wine bar. He'll go for that, right? HAHA ;-)

Anonymous said...

k- we used to have similar interests. we DO have kids the same age (at least the older one) and we can figure out the income thing later - what do you think???? some beachy locale?
Rhonda

Jessica said...

Ah, the opscomm. :)

I've been on that thing for years now but rarely ever post. Certainly not since my transition...wonder how that would go over there. hehe.

I think you should take your family on a ski trip to Colorado. I'll drag Mike, Julie, and Jake with me and we can be kind of like the other family.