background

Saturday, February 14, 2009

transition

We started today on transitioning Ralph to a "big boy bed." As you can imagine, it's going very well. We have a baby that really relishes new experiences and change. Not really. He was outgrowing his other sleeping arrangement so it's definitely time and he will eventually adjust.

We got a very cool snow day here. Schmitty was released from school early and the base closed at 9:30. Since I was on my annual tour orders I got to get out of there half a day early and don't have to make the time up. When I got home we walked to DJ's Dugout for lunch and a couple of beers with the kids. Trying to get there in 6-8 inches of snow with the jog stroller was fun, really. (Probably not as much fun for Yago who actually had the job of pushing the stroller.) We all came home and took a nap, well, Schmitty played multiplication games on the computer and read.

I'm so happy to be done with my annual tour! I have six more training days to complete for this fiscal year, they'll be done before March. I can't wait to get back to pulling clothes out of the dresser instead of the dryer. We have several loads of laundry that are washed and dried, just not folded or put away. Our bed hasn't been made in a week and I've gained about five pounds from the incessant eating out or eating quick (unhealthy) meals.

Maybe tomorrow we'll post a picture of a snowman!

2 comments:

Mickity said...

you had beer with your kids? aren't they kinda young?

Waldo said...

That's what Yago said too. I didn't take my kids out bar hopping, you have to be able to get on the stool yourself!