background

Monday, February 16, 2009

quickly

I must hurry, I'm supposed to be in the shower so I'll be ready to go get our taxes done when Yago gets home from taking Schmitty to school.

The transition is going... Ralph was up for a long time last night crying. He'd pause for a few minutes, long enough for me to relax and think about sleeping, then start crying again. He's not what I would call excited about his "big boy bed." It's okay though.

Yago and I had a fabulous evening on Valentine's Day. We got a babysitter and dressed up for a night out. We saw, "He's Just Not that in to You." (Mostly because it was the only movie that fit in to our babysitter and dinner schedule.) Yago complained that his balls were still in the theatre after watching that chick flick but it was a decent movie.

We had reservations at Sullivan's, a valet parking and coat check kind of place. We sipped our martini's at the bar then were seated. We ate some oysters on the half shell, for entrees I had scallops in spicy Thai sauce with asparagus and Yago had a bone in ribeye topped with gorgonzola butter and horseradish mashed potatoes. Dessert was delicious. We had espresso, creme brulee for two, with a glass of dessert port that complemented the creme brulee. It was seriously the best creme brulee I've ever had. Mmm, just thinking about it!

Well, I'm off to the shower.

3 comments:

Mickity said...

Did you accidentally try to make me jealous...or are you just mean? I LOVE creme brulee! And the food sounds so good! I might have to take myself out to dinner....when I get my car back :-)

Waldo said...

The place was wonderful, I haven't eaten like that in ages. Maybe ever.

Jessica said...

Mmm...creme brulee.

Besides the damage to Yago's masculinity, how was the movie? I've been thinking about going to see it.