background

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

or 26th street

I bet the "poor house" is located somewhere on Sesame Street.

I've been trying to figure out what we're going to do for Ralph's birthday and I decided to do an Elmo cake. I saw those cake pans everywhere and figured he'd love it. (Elmo is one of the few words he says. Still no mom but he says Elmo.) Ever notice how when you're not looking for something it is every damn where and when you want to buy something, it cannot not be found any damn where? That is the case with the Elmo cake mold.

After searching local Walmarts, Targets and the BX, I finally drove about half an hour across town to a specialty store. They had all kinds of molds, I found a cat mold that I considered for a few minutes. (Cat is another word he says, still not mom or momma or mommy.) The cat mold was less than $5. I found an Elmo mold, albeit not the one I wanted, but Elmo nonetheless. I hussled to the register and that darn thing came to almost $16 with tax. What the heck?

3 comments:

Mickity said...

$16! You could buy at least 2 bottles of wine for that!

Mickity said...

And that's SO not funny since sesame street laid off like 60 people the other day....fer real

Waldo said...

Two bottles? Girl, we've downgraded. I could get four bottles for $16!