Yesterday we went and saw the upper school's presentation of the musical Working. Sam insisted on wearing his suit, sans dress shirt and tie--he replaced them with his argyle sweater. He really loves "that look." He stood in front of the mirror looking at himself, pushing up his sleeves. He would have been a huge fan of Miami Vice and the 80s in general.
We bought a bunch of things to begin a modest garden. Although we're excited to garden we're reluctant to dig up the yard when we'll be selling in a couple of years. Not to mention the fact we'd like to enjoy the tiny fortune we spent last year getting the grass purty. We bought a bunch of herbs, a rose bush, berry bushes, hanging tomatoes and hanging strawberries. It'll be cool. We plan on buying more once the weather gets better, it's still early to do much here.
Yago had his "procedure" done Friday, I'm proud of the lil' buckaroo. That's all I'll really say about that.
Church didn't go well this morning. Schmitty and I got in to at the end of mass. It started with the nonstop tinkering of his velcro watch and snakeskin bracelet. After two warnings I demanded both items, he wasn't a happy camper. He tossed the bracelet at me which I wasn't happy about. I followed him up to receive the Eucharist and he was just leisurely strolling back to the pew swinging his arms like he owned the place. I told him his hands were supposed to be folded but apparently he didn't hear me. I won't even talk about the kneeler. By the time I got to the car I was pretty annoyed. I threatened him with staying for the 1100 mass that started in 25 mins. He threw a fit worthy of Ralph! I found it interesting that staying for the second mass was apparently viewed as a punishment worse than... Well anything else I can think of. I'll have to file that away in the ol' brain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think its cute he has a "look" he prefers....he's growing up so fast!!!
Post a Comment