background

Friday, April 24, 2009

peas

Ralphie just started saying, "Please." It's so funny, it sounds like "peas" and I don't think he has exactly put together what it means but it is the cutest thing. After a two-day battle trying to get him to say it, he now says it all the time because of the big response it gets. He just walked over in front of me, jumped and said, "Peas!" Cute as can be.

Schmitty begged me not to go on his choir field trip today, even though I had no intention of going. They are going to sing at an old folks home and at a city garden. He informed me that my attendance would embarrass him. I asked what would be embarrassing and he replied, "Your appearance." I'm not sure how to take that. I didn't ask any follow-up questions because I wasn't sure I wanted the answers. So soon? Really? I didn't think my presence would be humiliating for another three or four years.

2 comments:

Mickity said...

Yet again I am impressed by your ability to bring to life the joys of motherhood. Peas write more about your humiliated child :-) heehee

Waldo said...

He used to love me!