background

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

post 9/11

I think I might be eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill! Yippee!

As a dumb 19-yr-old in Basic Training I turned it down. When your base pay is about $600/month and they want you to give away $100/month, it seems like a lot. Especially when you're miserable and in day three of training. I was still wondering what the heck I was thinking signing up for the military! I thought there was no way I was going to be IN the Air Force for a year. I planned out separating as soon as I got out of basic training. (I'd considered drinking shampoo during training but our TI said it would just keep us in San Antonio longer because of the mental evaluation.)

But it looks like even if you've turned it down in the past you'll be eligible! That'd be great. I could take classes when the midget starts school and still be able to pay the kids' tuition! It looks like the VA will start taking applications next month, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Mickity said...

since you are going to have so much extra cash laying around....I could totally use some help with my student loans...thanks