background

Monday, May 11, 2009

my happy day

Yesterday was Mother's Day and although it was busy I had a good day. I really try not to let a day pass without thinking about how good my life is. I have a great husband (even if Mickity thinks he has a mean streak) that makes me laugh regularly. My two boys are SOOO very different but they both make me smile every day.

Mickity wasn't kidding about all the wine and cheese we consumed, I haven't eaten that much cheese in the past year. And wine? I don't even know how many bottles we consumed. She watched the boys while Yago and I went to the Gala. I actually had fun, it was neat. (The open bar didn't hurt!) I thought I would feel out of place and self-conscious but didn't. It was interesting walking around and looking at all the items up for auction. We had winning bids for the Overnight Bash hosted at the school for third and fourth graders, a month of Tae Kwon Do lessons for Schmitty, and an 11x14 family portrait.

I went to the doctor for chronic neck and back pain that I've had every single day since November. He gave me a prescription (for basically Aleve), exercises and exercise bands. They took x-rays but I haven't heard anything on those which means they're probably normal. If it's not better in 6-8 wks I need to go back. I was optomistic because the pain subsided shortly after I started the medication but it's back with a vengeance so I guess it'll take some time.

I'm going to go work off some of the cheese from over the weekend...

1 comment:

Mickity said...

Sometimes your blogs go a little overboard on the warm fuzzies....just so ya know.

Your kids are hilarious though...super cute.