background

Monday, June 01, 2009

summer lessons

Tomorrow is Schmitty's last day of school. I'm watching my niece, we'll call her Bug, while Mistress of MooMoo is at work over the summer. My goal is to avoid the summer brain drain. Since Bug is already out of school we went to the public library and checked out some books. We're enrolled in the library's summer reading program.

I think I may get more of a lesson than the kids. A puppy, a Ralph, a Bug and a Schmitty? Am I crazy?

Schmitty's been going through a stage that I'm afraid is going to last in to his mid-twenties. He'd rather be holed up in his room than hang out with the family. Really? At eight years old? I expected it when he turned 14. I sense he thinks I'm an idiot that just drones on and on about meaningless crap. It's quite annoying.

2 comments:

Mickity said...

Yes - you are crazy.

I think 8 is a little young to be in wearing his cool pants, but maybe [hopefully] that just means he'll grow out of it sooner

Waldo said...

I agree, with both points.