background

Sunday, May 31, 2009

nightmares past

I had the worst nightmare last night and thinking about it this morning I don't know why I was so bothered by it. I had a dream I was flying in the RJ again. That alone is enough to make my stomach turn...

I'd forgotten a lot about flying, like I have to take a Dramamine. We'd just taken off and I was nauseous looking at my checklist which didn't bode well for the rest of the flight. Then we had to turn around and come back for something so I ran off the plane to get something I'd forgotten. I was wearing a three quarter coat with a belt instead of my flight jacket. I returned to the plane to a failure letter that the pilot had written when he saw me running across the flight line in a dress coat instead of my flight jacket. The letter didn't just state that I'd failed my eval, it was malicious.

I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep for quite a while. I was thinking about how he'd written it'd been six years since my last flight and after doing the math it'd been nine years. How dumb is that?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow - you *really* feel like you weren't very good at your job, eh?

As someone who worked with you for quite a while, I'd vouch for your abilities any day. :)

I lucked out and never ended up getting sick on a flight. Not a small feat considering some of the horribly nasty smells on that plane.

Waldo said...

I only got sick once and it was while I was pregnant but I ALWAYS took the prohibited Dramamine so I wouldn't get the puker label.