background

Friday, July 31, 2009

dog days of summer

I am at my wit's end with the puppy lately. She is getting into and chewing everything, including my glasses earlier. Thanks. I'm ticked, feeling helpless and overwhelmed.

I can't invite anyone in or even have a pleasant conversation. I realize she's a puppy and this is in large part my own fault. I'm busy. Very busy. I'm raising my kids, tutoring my niece, trying to write an OPR, enrolled in SOS, and trying to train a dog. Although I don't work outside the house there are times when I think it'd be easier. I need to make more time for the dog but jeezy creezy, there are only so many hours in the day.

She gets in to our compost bin outside, digs holes, I think I caught her eating rabbit poo tonight (which would explain the breath problems), and won't stop nipping at the kids. The nipping causes the kids to scream which causes me to scream at the dog... It's a mess.

All I can see right now is her growing to be the giant dog she will be with all these bad habits and issues. And? Honestly, I don't have the time to dedicate to fixing it right now.

If anyone knows of a Fairy God Pooch, please send her this way.

2 comments:

Mickity said...

walk her till she's tired every morning...I know, that probably means walking till you're tired too :)

Waldo said...

That's the time problem. I have three kids most days who don't have the patience to walk her until she's tired. I realize if I exercised her more some of this would resolve itself but right now I can't...