Yesterday morning we took Yago to the airport, he'll be in Biloxi for two and a half weeks.
Schmitty always misses him. I searched On Demand for a movie that we could watch together, The Great Outdoors. The movie started and Schmitty said, "You ever notice how movies don't seem as fun when dad's not here?" I made popcorn and apfelschorle hoping to lift his spirits.
The thing is, evenings are depressing for me when he's not around. I think Schmitty and I were both procrastinating going to bed last night. We stayed up cruising the Internet looking for information on Rick Riordan, Schmitty's favorite author. We watched a movie trailer for a Feb movie release, looked up his new books, and checked his event calendar. Before I knew it, it was 11:39. That's not very responsible of me...
We found out Rick Riordan isn't doing school visits anymore, only events scheduled by his publisher. That disappointed Schmitty immensely. I had to explain that he's too famous and popular now to visit schools and classrooms. That in the interest of money, his publisher wants him to go to the biggest markets where he can have the most impact to make them the most money possible. He does books, movies, and merchandising now. We talked about moving to San Antonio and being his neighbor. Schmitty would bug him all the time asking questions about The Sword of Hades.
That's what we spent out time talking about instead of acknowledging we miss Yago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment