Hindsight... I just connected with someone from high school on FB. We weren't great friends, I don't remember ever hanging out with her but whatever. (Yago has more friends than I do, I'm not about to turn down a solicitation.)
Anyway, this "friend" has a bunch of pictures from high school posted. Again, she's partying with people I knew but never hung out with. ...Mostly because they wouldn't give me the time of day. After looking at those pictures I'm wondering what I found so darn intimidating about those people. Seriously. It's ridiculous. I remember them all being cool and good-looking but that is not evidenced in the photos.
And Schmitty, give me a break will ya? I took him for an annual physical yesterday to find out he can't see out of his right eye. (He's blinder than a Cyclops with an eye patch.) Now I have an appt with an optometrist tomorrow. Today was the dentist and she recommended an orthodontist and possible tooth extraction. So next week an appt with the orthodontist and the following week back to the dentist. It's a full time job with him lately! (Not to mention a paycheck! Glasses and braces?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's too bad about Schmitty...poor guy. :(
I'm kind of having the same experience with Facebook. It's been kind of weird. Some people who I never expected to friend me did out of the blue (John Armintrout, John Dudley..is there a pattern there?) and others haven't responded at all.
I was telling my mom the other day that I've found a whole new layer of potential rejection to deal with. So far, so good but I have a few friend requests hanging out there where I'll be pretty bummed if they don't add me.
If it's been over a week, that's probably a bad sign, eh?
Tell Schmitty only cool people where glasses.
As for the high schoolers...I look at it in my usual judgmental bitch way. Who are they really? I mean...come one...they peaked in high school. I, on the other hand, am waiting till my 40s to really peak. HAHA
Post a Comment