background

Saturday, August 22, 2009

thank you

I would like to thank Herman Melville for helping me go to bed early every night, not like that Wally Lamb bastard. Wally kept me up for hours wanting to know more.

I quit reading Moby Dick quite a while ago when he started explaining ad nauseam all the different types of whales, insisting they were fish not mammals. I couldn't take anymore and picked up a couple of different books instead. Now I'm back to Moby Dick and finding it more difficult than ever to continue. The sentences go on forever, to the point that I get bored trying to figure out what he's referring to anymore. I'll finish it but probably not before 2011. (I started it in 2008.)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That's funny...we've recently started referring to our company's CEO as Capt. Ahab.

Mickity said...

Try reading Plato's Republic. I had it on the back of my toilet for an entire year. I read it one page at a time. It was hell.

Waldo said...

You guys are funny. That's for recommending *more* boring books...