background

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

event

I went to the much-discussed reunion. It turned out so much better than I thought it would I can't even express. The only thing that didn't turn out well was my daycare plan, but I digress.

I was nervous about seeing everyone but it was a very friendly atmosphere. It was nice to see people that I hadn't seen in ten years. We toured the RJ and Senior Scout then had a burger burn at the squadron. We sat around and caught up on who got married and how many kids we had. Ted has three boys? Wow.

Then we went to the Det. Det? There wasn't a Det when I was there. That was where we did the dedication and it was SOOO good. I can't overstate how good it was. Tyler got up and talked about Shane, his voice cracked a bit. Hearing Tyler talk about Shane while looking at Tony, Ted, and Scott sitting in front of me was hard because I knew that Shane would have been sitting with them. He introduced Ted and that was very touching also.

I didn't take any pictures, I knew I wouldn't be allowed to take it anywhere. That's disappointing but I'm extremely happy I went.

Oh. And I got to hang out with Jessica. She got to meet Yago and the kids, that's always fun.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm with you - the reunion was definitely a good idea. I couldn't stop crying during the memorial dedication...I'm just glad I was able to keep it quiet enough that I didn't make a scene.

Meeting your family was a highlight of the trip. Jason is a great guy and you have a couple of wonderful boys.

Now we need to find some way to have that Vegas "reunion" so I can meet Mickity. :)

Waldo said...

Interesting thought...

Mickity said...

hurray!