background

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

long weekend

Yago got back Friday night and we've been pretty busy every since. It's so good to have him home!

To celebrate our anniversary Saturday night we saw The Hangover, I highly recommend, and then went to a Persian restaurant for dinner in the Old Market. I know we haven't been married that long but I keep waiting for the hard times to hit. They really haven't.

Sunday we went to Mahoney State Park with charcoal and lamb kebobs that Yago made. It was delicious! I mean delicious. We forgot some key utensils: tongs, plates, lighter fluid... but it turned out fine. We were able to borrow what we couldn't do without and then improvised the rest. The boys played some football and went to a nearby playground. It was a lot of fun, I'd like to do it again. Maybe on a day that isn't so hot though. It became miserable in the late afternoon... (I'd post a picture but I can't find my camera right now.)

When I woke up this morning I passed Schmitty's room and saw him with the puppy. I was about to yell at him for being rough with her when I realized he was trying to pick her up and get her on his bed. He finally got her up there and it was cute watching him pet her and snuggle. (Schmitty's is the only bed she's allowed on.) I tiptoed by so as not to disturb the cuteness.

So maybe more work on the OPR today...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awe, so sweet :) KB