background

Sunday, August 09, 2009

yellow

We've had another busy weekend... Friday we had Rana spayed and I shampooed the carpets. Carpet, really. I did the front room but it was more time-intensive than I remembered. Mostly because I'd forgotten how the machine went together and worked. I think I got it right. Plus I mopped the upstairs and downstairs, a task rarely done.

Friday night I was supposed to take Schmitty to Tae Kwon Do and then pick Yago up from a promotion party at a brewery in Papillion. It took a lot longer to get the pup than I had anticipated so we didn't make it to TKD. That was unfortunate. When we went to pick Yago up there was still free food so the kids and I foraged enough to call it dinner. Free dinner!

Saturday morning Schmitty tested for his yellow belt. He passed! He won't be able to continue lessons while school is in session but maybe next summer. We'll see.

Last night we went to an outdoor concert, it was 100 degrees outside. Ick. We brought wine and snacks thinking it'd be like Jazz on the Green but it was not. After we finished our wine we saw the "No Alcohol" sign. The crowd was stuffier than the Jazz on the Green conert too. We still had a good time, the boys got balloon animals and toys.

Today is a study and do housework day I think. Unfortunately.

No comments: