background

Friday, February 05, 2010

blew a gasket

On the drive home today I blew a gasket. Schmitty and our carpooler were physically fighting in the backseat. Without threatening, I pulled the car over and made them get out. I moved Ralphie's carseat to the center position and then ordered the boys back in (with plenty of expletives). I felt dumb afterward, especially since the other mother is an O-6 in the Navy and soon to be Yago's boss. I'm praying the other boy feels so guilty about misbehaving he doesn't mention the incident to his mom.

Oh well. They fight, play, scream, and holler at the top of their lungs every day. I used to come home a frazzled wreck. Best case scenario, they don't yell anymore because they're separated. Worst case, he tells his mom and doesn't carpool with me anymore.

1 comment:

Mickity said...

I don't think that was really an over reaction. Maybe the expletives not so great....but you know if I was in your shoes there would have been more of them :-)