background

Thursday, February 04, 2010

unpleasant surprise

I woke up this morning to get ready for my workout when I was unpleasantly surprised. I wiped my mouth after brushing my teeth and felt the unmistakable beginnings of a fever blister. Ugh. Why why why?

I know after really tough workouts or when I begin an exercise regime I'm vulnerable to either getting sick or getting a fever blister. Yesterday's workout was brutal, we got a partner alternated sprinting with sandbags. I felt it the rest of the day. I love a great workout but now I'll be paying for it on my face for the next two weeks.

In other news, I got a card from my stylist yesterday telling me she's going to LA in order to get qualified to do Brazilian Blowouts. I had to look that one up. I wasn't sure what it entailed... could be a complicated waxing procedure (who knows where the blowout would come in to play). Anyway, it's supposed to smooth your hair for up to six weeks if I remember correctly so you can just wash and go without a bunch of frizz. It sounded intriguing except that I just got a PERM a couple of months ago. That was a huge mistake on many different levels.

Anyway, my plan for my hair is to process and wash less. Unfortunately, I darkened my hair to brown (my natural color) so I wouldn't have to spend the time and money at the salon anymore only to discover I have a lot more gray hair than I'd known about! So do I just color it at home every couple of months and risk frying it myself or go back to highlights every three months because gray blends better with blond?

Well time to shower with a midget so I can get to work.

No comments: