I'm super excited because this morning I officially enrolled in a master's program. I'm going for an MA in International Relations at OU, a real university. My undergrad was at Bellevue University which was more like a buy here, pay here diploma. I mean, it served its purpose but I feel like I didn't really get much out of it. Maybe that's how everyone feels when they finish college?
It's been excruciatingly hot and humid here. I think it's cooling off a little today, the low 80s. The weather has been making me feel lethargic.
Thursday is Schmitty's last day of school and then we're off to Oklahoma for Memorial Day weekend. Yea summer! No more commuting!
Incidentally, I read Greek Tragedy yesterday and it made me shake my head. I feel sorry for her kids. Sometimes I can't help but think how dumb she is/was. Why the heck did she marry that dude? I've had this discussion with Mickity before, clearly it was mostly about money but still...
As far as I can tell he was a jerk from the beginning, although it has clearly escalated. I think his first (or one of his first) messages to her had something in it about he'll be the smart one and she can be the pretty one. I think that was before they had even met. My impression is that she needs constant validation so why she would choose someone that, from the beginning, belittled and minimized her is beyond me.
I started reading her because Yago did. Before we started dating he told me about her blog. He thought she was a good writer and gorgeous so I had to look and see what it was about. Now that I've been reading it for years I can't imagine Yago ever being interested in dating her. He quit reading the blog years ago.
Anyway, their arguments are appalling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yeah. Sure. ;)
And that's from a redhead with curly hair!
If her parents treated her that way, that could cause her to subconsciously choose him -KB
Post a Comment