I must say, my Mother's Days have gotten markedly better since Yago entered the picture. Although he tries to pretend he's a big scrooge that doesn't care about holidays and presents he's very thoughtful.
He's not one to buy jewelry but he always makes me a fabulous meal (my favorite) and does nice things for me. This year he made the Chicken a la Olive, chose a nice bottle of pinot grigio, and bought half a dozen strawberries dipped in dark chocolate from an European chocolaterie.
We also planted flowers and enjoyed a couple of drinks with our neighbors. The Venezuelans always make super food too. I had arepas for the first time. In Venezuela they don't have tortillas, they have arepas. They're made from cornmeal but look almost like pancakes. You split them in half and then stuff them with whatever you're eating... kind of like a taco. Super!
The boys even behaved really well yesterday. Schmitty was exceedingly polite and forthcoming with the hugs. He must have wished me a Happy Mother's Day half a dozen times.
I'm already looking forward to next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment