Today is over. I had my hearing with the VA DRO (decision review officer) today in Lincoln, NE. By last night I was extremely stressed and snapping at everyone. ("Stop blinking so loudly!") I stayed up late with a pile of paperwork from the VA and the Internet to write a statement.
After I finished the statement I felt much better, I'd expressed everything I'd wanted to. Even if the VA didn't change its mind I knew it wouldn't be because I'd been misunderstood or filtered through a doctor. Just that was a great relief.
So at the end of my testimony I read my statement. The DRO said she was inclined to reinstate my compensation and winked at us. (us: Yago went and testified with me) I won't know anything for at least a month but I'm cautiously optimistic.*
*Not as cautious as Yago... because he's one cautious motha@#!* ;^)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment