I took my final, it didn't go very well. Here's what I did... We were allowed to bring a page of notes so I wrote as tiny as I could. Only problem is that I need reading glasses and after a while even the reading glasses don't help the eye strain. So after a week of getting up early to study, study, study, my eyes tire very quickly. Throw in a page full of minuscule letters written in pencil (the pencil also makes it harder to read because there isn't as much contrast) and it was a recipe for disaster.
I spent the whole test rubbing my eyes and trying to quickly find what I was looking for in the seven seconds I had before I'd have to look away and try again. So I took a couple of breaks to walk around in the hall for a few minutes. Anyway, I ran out of time. That stinks.
The professor gave us a couple of warnings that our time was about to expire. When he finally said he was getting cranky I turned in my paper even though I wasn't done expecting the other three or four people left to do the same. Nope. I handed in my paper and they were all still working when I left. I was a little ticked about that because I didn't finish and thought everyone else was going to follow suit and turn in their paper.
I poked around when I left because I was hoping to talk to the professor but 15 minutes later none of the other students or the professor had left. I should have just sat there and finished the dang test.
Oh well. I'll start working on the paper.
Tomorrow we're going to the Iowa state fair, you wouldn't believe how excited Yago is. Before bed we've been watching state fair highlights on Iowa Public Television. It'll be a two hour drive so we're leaving at 0630. Seriously. I can't even be annoyed because I think it's so funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I don't think you give yourself enough credit. You're one of the most observant, intelligent people I know.
Have fun at the fair. My favorite part is always the mini-goats...they are the size of kitty-cats and SUPER cute. Someday I'm going to get one.
Post a Comment