background

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

you can take the boy out of...

...Scouts but it's almost impossible to put him back in. This is a project I've been working, on and off, for a couple of years. (Every since we moved here.) It's incredibly frustrating. I'm looking for a troop near our home, it's been nothing but phone calls and unreturned messages. I got so fed up last year I quit. I decided to try again, hoping this time it would be different... but no.

I emailed the woman that runs my book club because I remember her mentioning last May that her son was joining some troop that met within walking distance of our house. I emailed her a couple of weeks ago for more information. She emailed back that she didn't know anything but sent a link to the troop's homepage. Okay, even though minuscule it was still progress. I searched and searched the website for a phone number but there wasn't one to be found, I was forced to go with the email address for the scout master. No reply, shocking. (all due sarcasm here)

So yet again, out of desperation I called the council headquarters in the area yesterday. "Oh, you'll want to talk to Steve, he handles your area. Unfortunately, he's not in today. He'll be back tomorrow." Again, shocking. "You can leave a voice mail for him or call back tomorrow..." I hate leaving voice mails because people (scouts) never return voice mails. I opted to call back today and they sent me straight to his voice mail. (shock-ing) So I left a message and am standing by at the ready to answer the phone because I just KNOW he'll call me back as soon as possible. I mean that's what his message says he'll do and a scout never lies, right?

No comments: