background

Friday, August 12, 2005

Dating Advice from a Pro

Okay single girls, listen up! I've got great advice for a first date.

Find a co-worker that works an opposing shift. In this case, we both work mids on opposing days. That way one is working while the other is sleeping. You both adjust schedules for a late lunch.

Next, choose a time when all the restaurants are closed. Here in Europe restaurants close from 1430-1730, we were searching at 1500. Perfect.

The cherry on the sundae is yet to come... Make sure you bring your 4-yr-old son. Yes, nothing breaks up the awkwardness of a first date like random Spider-Man story. Oh yes.

Now you must understand you can't jump in to a technique like this if you're a rookie. I have been doing this for 17 years, it takes much practice. It should also be preceeded by a period of about 2 years of getting drunk on free booze while a close friend chases down all the single guys and offers to give them your number.

5 comments:

Mickity said...

HAHA - that one was worth a HUGE belly laugh. Funny stuff. You know you miss me and my man finding skills. Just wait - I'll find you one. An dumb ol neocon...just yer style. Heehee. I'll make sure he wears cowboy boots too.

Mickity said...

I read this again and it made me laugh again...you know, years from now we are going to look back and just die over the years we spent at this shit hole base. I mean, really, riding my bike around with 2 bottles of wine in my backpack. Who the hell does that?

Waldo said...

That wasn't such a bad assignment... Provided much entertainment and I met the one Zesty officer out there. You're not cooking without spices!

abbyabitha said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Skye said...

Hi! Thought I'd stop in and say Hello. I'll be glad when Mickity is back on, I've worked 12 hours for the last three days just to keep from being bored!!! Guess I'll go and pop open a St. Pauly Girl. Cheers.