background

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Sick and Tired

No, really. This time I'm really sick and tired, bonus is I have 9 more hours of this shift. Ugh. On the plus side, I feel like I have a buzz from the cold medicine.

I've been spending much time with Yago lately in hopes of getting tired of him. Not successful yet, he has some work to do. I think it would help immensely if he quit looking at me. A little less laughter would go a long way, also.

I keep writing and deleting, I'm very annoyed with myself. I'll reread something and think it sounds too cynical. They say the path to true happiness is to not become attached to things or people. The key is to remain detached and look within yourself for everything you need. The detachment is what gets me. Without connections and attachments can a person be truly happy? I can see giving up the material desires but I cannot forsake personal attachments. Will it make me less happy? Perhaps, but I think it will sometimes make me more happy than the detached person. How do you not attach yourself to friends, children, family or lovers? How is that Nirvana?

3 comments:

yagopuchae said...

It's your blauer Augen's fault.

abbyabitha said...

It's really early in the morning here and I'll have to reread this later this evening. Too deep for no coffee. Haha!

Skye said...

? I'm lost must read and think on this one. Hi!