background

Monday, October 03, 2005

Volksfest '05


I went to the fest and actually put down 2 maβ of beer and ordered a third (don't remember how much of that one I drank), didn't think it was possible. I had such a good time but it doesn't translate well to writing. I will remember how I felt instead of actual events. There was no singing along to Emanuela or Die Perfekte Welle like last time, instead it was just enjoying the company of friends and laughter. Pure pleasure, an almost perfect evening that for some reason is making me sad right now. It's quite ridiculous but the best part was leaving. It was nice to go home and know I was taken care of. I didn't have to be the one responsible for figuring out how to get home. Someone took care of all that for me... so trivial but meant so much. And I hate him for it.

I won't get a nap today before work so I'll be up 24 hrs tonight, probably more like 26 by the time I get Sam to school. I tried to get my landlord to come on Thursday but he's coming today instead. I should finish cleaning but the tasks seem insurmountable so I'll just ignore it all, pretend it isn't there. I love living here but I honestly have no place to store things from extra sheets to my clothes and shoes. I don't know how the Europeans do it. They spend a fortune on furniture but I don't want to spend thousands on wardrobes that I won't need in two years and some f-bombing movers will ruin anyway. I don't have a place to put my weight bench and treadmill. Grrr. Whatever.

I'm not sure why I have found Moby so interesting lately. I'm not familiar with his music, really. Just stumbled across his website one night on mids and since have found him interesting. He uses big words and is very liberal. He's also vegan and I don't quite understand how someone can live like that. It makes eating complicated instead of comforting and pleasurable.

I feel a mess today, like I've completely lost control.

3 comments:

Waldo said...

Where have you been??

yagopuchae said...

I'm sure that your house was just on his route home.

Waldo said...

That's why I hate him.