I picked Sam up at the bus stop and the chaperone walked off the bus with him because he was crying. Details are sketchy but he fell down on the bus at one of the stops and somehow hurt his ear. The chaperone said he wasn't obeying and wasn't sitting down. Sam says he was play fighting and Sean pushed him out of his seat when Sean got off the bus. He cried all the way home, I carried him and tried to soothe him.
He told me Thomas said I wasn't his friend. I only loved him, I wasn't his friend. I reassured him I am also his friend. (Even though any good parenting book will tell you not to be your child's friend.) Today was Spencer's last day, "He's moving back to America." Sean pushed him down.
Reminds me that life isn't easy just because you're 5 and don't have to pay bills or work for a difficult boss.
Tonight we're going to walk with his lantern for St. Martin's Day and then go for ribs. He's so excited about ribs I think it diminished the wear of the day. $9.95 is a small price to pay for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Play a little extra Batman with him for me tonight. Miss you both. J
Sounds to me like Sean and Thomas need beat up. Let me know where they live and I'll take care of the problem :-) Tell Sam I'm his friend too.
Post a Comment