I awoke this morning to a thin blanket of snow covering my Christmas village. Picturesque and beautiful. I love snow but hate being cold, unfortunate because I keep losing my mittens. I'm a huge fan of Thinsulate mittens but they're hard to find.
That reminds me, it's time to dig out all the Christmas decorations and go shopping for a tree. My stupid car and plane tickets are costing me a fortune at the worst time of the year. I'm afraid I don't have much money to spare for Sammy's presents. Why does this stuff always happen at the end of the year? Last year I was PCSing and was stressed about money and life. This year my car is robbing me of happiness. I have plunked down $1,000 over the last week or so and I still have to pay labor and disposal fees for the tires.
Oops, got a little sidetracked there... Back to happy thoughts. Christmas decorations and Sam helping me make cookies. Emailing my parents for cookie recipes because I lose them every single year. Reminds me, Sam has a project to decorate a paper gingerbreadman with his family. We still have glueing to do. We got the coloring and glitter part done. It's very cute, he gave it a Spider-Man head. That's my boy!
Thanksgiving was terrific. The only thing that would have made it better is if I hadn't had to work. Even so, it was an outstanding Thanksgiving. I meant to take some pictures but forgot once I got home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I know what you mean I keep forgeting to get the reciepe for english pea casserole. I swear one time the car I had knew when I got paid...
I called you....twice....no answer :-(
I was out of town or getting my car worked on.
Post a Comment