background

Friday, December 02, 2005

My Baby

I took Sam to the bus stop this morning with his Spider-Man gingerbreadman tucked safely in his backpack. He's the sweetest boy even when I'm not the sweetest mom. When I lose my temper he's still sweet to me.

His friend is coming over after school today and I asked if he was looking forward to playing with him. He said yes but he was looking more forward to what he was going to learn at school today. Wow. I wish I had six little Sams of various ages, maybe even a Samantha in there. When I tell him I love him more than anyone else he asks, "What about Grandma and Grandpa?" I tell him I love him more than Grandma and Grandpa and he gets really upset. I've learned to say that I love them all the same. What kid doesn't want to hear that he's loved most? My sister and I used to plead with my mom to tell us we were her favorite. "It's okay if you tell me you love me more than Laurilou and that I'm your favorite. I promise I won't tell her." Mom never fell for it, she always loved us the same. Smart lady.