background

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Money for Nothing

Money for Nothing is Sam's new favorite song. We heard it while eating dinner one night and when he found out I have it on a cd... Well, I've heard it every single day since at least twice.

The memories I have attached to it are weird though. I love to listen to Sam sing along in the car. "That ain't workin'. That's the way you do it, you play your guitar on the MTV..." Unfortunately, the song is on a cd that my ex made right before we broke up and has a picture of us on it. I don't particularly care to see a picture of us together but Sam likes the song so much that I hold on to it.

It also reminds me of when I was 12. There was a guy that was 17 that used to hang out in our neighborhood. (neighborhood = trailer park) I remember one night he was in his truck playing that song with me and my friends standing around talking to him. I was picking on him about his sweatshirt because it had holes in it. I don't remember the circumstances but he wanted me to go out with him and I was shocked (terrified) because I was all 12 and he was all 17. He was the cool, bad ass, druggie guy that dropped out of high school too. (Not my Jr Prom date, that was a different high school drop out.) Anyway, I found out a few years after I left home that he committed suicide. It's always weird when you think about someone who committed suicide because you never really see it coming. At least I don't, I'm always surprised. A lot of people that I knew in high school committed suicide, four that I can think of right now.

Well, enough happy thoughts for now. I have more housework to do.

1 comment:

Skye said...

Housework, that's reason for me to think about it... I just lost my dear friend and nope it totally blindsided me.