background

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Clean Water

Sam and I met with an old acquaintance for dinner last night. It was interesting. I haven't met a single person that I worked with (as an enlisted person) that finds being an officer as fun or as rewarding. The ONLY good thing we all agree on is the pay is better. Other than that, it's pretty disappointing. It's too bad. I got the distinct impression last night that Steve isn't very happy and I felt like he was lonely. Not that he was hitting on me or anything but I just sensed he was lonely. I guess everyone is sometimes, but maybe it was the nostalgia of talking about old friends and jobs.

On a much more exciting note (or hand... or whatever), Yagopuchae told me he picked out a water filter last night and I'm VERY EXCITED!! I can't believe he really might do it.

I've got a ton to do today and, as usual, lacking motivation. I'd better get started...

3 comments:

yagopuchae said...

Might do it? You're not gonna see it in the base newspaper classifieds.

Waldo said...

Heehee. I hadn't better see it there. FOR SALE: One pewter water filter with dragon head. Never used, $20 OBO.

I'm hap-p-py...

yagopuchae said...

It would definitely have to be OBO.