background

Friday, May 19, 2006

Jennifer's Death

So here's my little story of the day...

Yesterday, I called Yago when I got home from work (as I always do) only to find him thoroughly annoyed. He planted basil the other day and went out to check on it yesterday afternoon. A slug had feasted on his beloved basil and he was... shall we say angry. (You must first understand his love affair with basil and rosemary, let's just say it borders weird.) After a five minute rant he told me he had to get off the phone and salt the slugs. (The evil basil robbers.)

I called him last night as I was going to bed (as I always do) and heard a man giddy with excitement. Hmmm, what's this about? "I named one of the slugs Jennifer!" Turns out, after we got off the phone he called his father who let him in on a little trick. "You see, if you get a bowl full of beer and put it in a little pit so it's level with the ground the slugs will come out to drink it. They get drunk, fall in the beer and drown! It's the coolest thing!"
"...so you named a slug you were trying to kill Jennifer?"
"I named her Jennifer because she hurried over to the beer! She really likes it, it's so funny! So I named her after you, honey." (He's obviously pleased with himself.)
"You watched her die? And you named her after me?"
"Uhhh... No, it's real funny." (A little deflated now.)
"You named a slug after your betrothed and watched her die?"
"Um, you're taking it wrong. I love you."
Hm.

3 comments:

yagopuchae said...

Don't forget the part where she was clumsy and tripped and fell into the beer.

But, ways I amuse myself shouldn't make YOUR blog...

Mickity said...

That is a pretty morbid story. Don't let him serve any beer at the reception...just to be on the safe side.

BTW - I used the cup o'beer on my slugs back in Hell Rio. It does work.

Waldo said...

Mistress!! What is up with you?