background

Monday, October 16, 2006

New Friends

Not mine. Sam's. He's finally got some friends in the neighborhood. I took him to the park yesterday and three American girls came to play with him, they ride the bus with him. One of them even came over to the house and played for about an hour. I'm glad he's finally got some friends nearby, I think it'll make the summer easier.

I ordered him another Leapster for his birthday. I got him one a couple years ago but it finally croaked. He hasn't mentioned wanting another one but I'm hoping he'll be happy to have it again. He spent a lot of time on the other one and we're still working on math. Once he gets a little better he'll be able to get the Batman game for it and I know that'll make him happy.

Yagopuchae turned in the command sponsorship package last week and we may have an official verdict the middle of this week. Then I can enroll in TriCare and figure out how my doctor visits will go. Who I'll see and where the baby will be born.

Today I'm sorting through towels and dishes to donate to the Airmen's Attic. I found a lot of my books over the weekend, pretty happy about that.

Last Friday I went to the school's volunteer training. Ick. I quickly realized it was run by the PTA. They were all wearing their school "spirit day" shirts and Keds. The training consisted of instructions on how to use a copier and paper cutter. Seriously. We each even got to keep a copy of the instructions for our own personal use. I thought it was going to be more along the lines of, "You're not allowed to beat other people's children, regardless of their behavior." Of course, the training would not have been complete without the bitch session at the end. Thanks.

1 comment:

Mickity said...

hmmm...sounds a lot like the spouse social I went to last week....fun times for all, on both sides of the ocean :-)