Thanksgiving at our house went really well. I was exhausted by the time it was over and dishes were done. I made turkey, stuffing, candied sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, pistachio salad and green beans. Oh yeah, and two pumpkin pies. It was WAY too much food. I've never made Thanksgiving dinner by myself before, all I had to work with were memories of my mom making it for our family. I didn't keep in mind that Yagopuchae, Sam and I can't eat as much as my parents, sister and me. I bought a 20 lb turkey and have no idea what we're going to do with it all... We had turkey tetrazzini last night for dinner.
Sam lost ANOTHER tooth. He's going to look like his Gramma pretty soon! The Tooth Fairy left him three quarter dollars.
We put up the Christmas tree last night. We had box after box of mismatched decorations. In the end we went with an oldie but goodie... the salmon colored tree. I know Mistress would be relentless if she were here but it looks good! Good, I tell you!
I wish there were Christmas movies on TV. I really want to just curl up on the couch and watch cheesy Christmas movies. Any cheesy Christmas movie would do. Of course, right now there's too much work to do. The living room is destroyed with the boxes of Christmas decorations I have to sort through.
I hear Yago doing dishes and I should get downstairs to help. He's making pumpkin muffins for breakfast. Such a good husband...
I'll be back in the states in a couple weeks, I can't wait to see everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sounds like you guys had fun. Any chance you are passing this way on your trip home? I know, its a lot to ask, but it would be great to see ya...even if you can't drink wine with me :-)
No. We're flying to FL and OK...
Fine! I have finals anyways so its probably for the better. I'll miss ya though!
Post a Comment