I've been quite neglectful of my little blog lately...
Yesterday we went to the Christmas Market in Nuernberg, it's quite famous. I got up at 6:00 on a Saturday morning to leave at 7:00. We got there at about 12:30. I really love the Christmas Markets but this one was so crowded it was difficult to really enjoy it. They serve Gluehwein, mulled wine, everywhere in about a thousand different varieties but being pregnant I had to practice restraint. Anyway, it was so crowded... It's a huge outdoor market and little amusement park for kids but it was shoulder to shoulder throughout and I get grumpy when people constantly push me and never say, "Excuse me." Especially when I'm pregnant, whether they can tell or not. I feel bad for Yagopuchae because he's been talking about the gingerbread there for over a year now and he bought lots of it to bring home only to discover it's fruitcake.
Sam nearly got suspended from school on Thursday. That's right, first grade. He punched a kid during recess and they tried to suspend him but couldn't get a hold of his parents to pick him up. The kid he punched is huge, going to be eight this year and I learned it wasn't so much a punch as a heel of his hand to the kid's forehead. I think the kid was running at Sam and Sam panicked...
Yago's 30th birthday was last Friday and I tried to make him a special lemon raspberry liquor bundt cake. Unfortunately, I forgot the baking powder, baking soda and salt. That didn't make a very good cake. Sorry.
Well, I've already skipped mass this morning and if I don't get my behind in gear we're going to miss CCD too. (For the third week in a row...)
Mistress... we need to work out what day we're coming up there. Maybe the 19th? What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You should make your own ginger bread. And I have to say...I'm kinda shocked you didn't have ALL your baking supplies on hand. That's just...unsat.
Don't get Yagopuchae started on my baking supplies. He, for some reason, doesn't think having a bottle of EVERYTHING is as enchanting as I do.
Post a Comment