I drafted an entry the other day explaining why the German dry-cleaning ladies hate me but I became bored writing it so I knew you'd be bored reading it. Suffice it to say, they aren't very nice or forgiving of my forgetful tendencies. Even if it's in German I know they're insulting me. It reminds me of when Elaine knew her nail technicians were talking about her in Vietnamese. (Seinfeld)
Sam sang with the Catholic Children's Choir last night for the tree lighting ceremony on base. I tried to take pictures but by the time the flash when off and the picture snapped someone's head would pop in my way. It was a complete debacle anyway. They changed the song list at the last minute on a bunch of 4-7 yr olds. No one knew what the heck they were singing. They sang two songs and one of them was in German, you can guess how that went.
I have a lot of getting ready to do for the trip. I'll have two cranky boys that don't travel well and honestly? I'm not sure which one will be more difficult. At least I can give the little one a trinket or game to keep him busy. The big one is higher maintenance and not as easily pacified. I wish I could slip them some extra-drowsy Dramamine or something... And, by the way, I was supposed to by flying business class this trip until evil Delta doubled the mileage requirement on me!! Still bitter.
I haven't done much Christmas shopping yet. I've gotten a few games for Sam and that's it. That means I'll either have to brave the mall crowds in the states or wait until the weekend before Christmas here. Either way, it doesn't sound fun. Tonight is St. Nick's Night here. The children leave their shoes outside and St. Nick comes and fills them with candy if they're good or coal and switches if they're bad. Heehee, I can exact my revenge.
Well, I'd better get busy doing something or else Yagopuchae will be grumpier than usual. He's already in service dress today, I hadn't better push my luck. ...Where do I keep those Dramamine?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sadly, both songs were in German...Oh Tanenbaum and then whatever the other one was. Schmitty cracked me up because his expressions said, "You are all on crack" the entire time they sang. And you knew I was a scrooge/grinch when you married me so no more complainin' that's my job! Have I mentioned that you look lovely and I can really tell you've lost weight?
Really? You don't think I look fat in these jeans? (jeans = maternity pants)
you can't lose weight when you're pregnant...and you especially can't lose weight when I keep gaining it.
And a travel hint...they have mini's at the class 6 and bars in airports....all for a reason.
Merry Christmas and safe journeys to the little family! Send me your new address, so I can send a christmas card, and if I can get organized a package. I am about 5 years behind on presents. All my love, Lisa
Post a Comment