Christmas is over, thank goodness. It wasn't easy coming back a couple days before the holiday with jetlag. I'm pretty sure Sam knows I'm Santa now. (okay, I'm positive because he's a pretty smart boy) I hauled the presents downstairs and spent a little while bickering with Yagopuchae about how I overdo Christmas. Apparently, wrapping gifts is above and beyond in his book. Anyway, I stuffed the stockings and came upstairs to hang them on doorknobs and go to bed. I hung Sam's and brushed my teeth. I left the bathroom with Yagopuchae's stocking in hand only to bump in to Sam standing at his stocking in front of his bedroom door. It was after midnight but he was still awake trying to adjust to the time change. I dropped Yago's stocking (which has a jingle bell on it, so much for being sly) and asked what he was doing. He said he woke up. Oops.
On Christmas Eve we went to a small gathering at Karry and Amy's house. They have five kids with the sixth due in a month (Mormons). They do a reenactment of the birth of Jesus every year and invited us and two other families over. Sam got to be one of the wisemen, it was cute and funny. Sounds a little more bizarre than it turned out to be. I was braced for pure wackiness but it was fun watching them all.
Yago is bragging that he got 3 Christmas cards and I didn't get any. I'd just like to point out that getting a Christmas card from a merchant that sold you several thousand dollars in rugs a couple years ago DOESN'T count. His friend sent one addressed to Jason and Jennifer. Also, the neighbors don't know my name and addressed the card to Jason and family... joint cards. I assured him if people knew my new address I would have gotten many more cards. (or at least one) By the way stuckinmd, it's PSC 3 Box 64 APO AE 09021. Thank you, and feel free to address to just Sam and me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
the baby blanket is almost done. I'll include a (late) christmas card for you and Sam when I mail it :-)
You sound about as desperate as they come =D
That's what drew you to me.
Post a Comment