background

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Down the Drain

Sam lost another tooth last night, his fourth. I was cooking dinner when he told me his dad pulled it out. While I was cooking he took his tooth and said he was going to wash the blood off it for the Tooth Fairy. The next thing I heard was an awful gutteral noise. I asked what was wrong and I knew as soon as I saw him, he dropped his precious tooth down the drain. He fell apart, heartbroken. I calmed him down and promised the Tooth Fairy would come anyway. I told him to leave a note under his pillow and she would know to come.

He finished his homework trying his best to stifle sobs. I really felt bad for him. When it was time to leave a note for the Tooth Fairy he wrote it and let me read it afterward. It was so cute and he signed it "love, Sam." (With the quotes.) He's still learning about quotation marks and letter writing. It was adorable though. The Fairy left him $1.25, the most she's given to date.

No comments: