I got a phone call and email yesterday about my Reserve status. I am finally in the system (kind of) and can work. What they failed to mention was that the put me in an unpaid slot so I can work a month a year and not get paid at all for it. "Points only," means it counts toward retirement but I don't get any pay. What the heck? I never approved that, I wasn't even consulted. Oh, and by the way, I can't work past 35 weeks gestation. I'm over 31 right now. I'm a little ticked off and I can't find anyone who knows what the heck is going on. Ole girl that's been working on this since September is just now getting the paperwork together. She also said since it's points only, I can do just 17 days a year. (There are about 20 workdays in month if you work Mon-Fri.) Unfortunately, the website says for it to count toward retirement I have to do 35 days. If it weren't a two hour drive I'd like to march in to her office and smack her. Just fantasizing a little there.
I will start calling Sam's Tiger Scout Den Meetings --drumroll-- Sam Appreciation Night because I hate all the other kids and their parents. Every time I come home from one of the meetings Yago gets an earful of how much I hate all the little monsters and their parents. None of the parents discipline or correct bad behavior and none of the kids (except Sam) sit still or keep their mouths shut. You'd think I'd enjoy an opportunity to talk to another adult besides Yagopuchae but I don't.
If you can't tell, I'm a little cranky. I'm going to take a shower and see if that improves my mood. I wish I had a more productive way to spend my day but I'm just waiting for Ralphie to get here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow - you totally got the reserve hook-up. I say the two hour drive be damned! That lady deserves a good slapping. So do the Tiger scouts. I wholeheartedly endorse slapping other people's kids :-)
Post a Comment