WARNING--THIS COULD EASILY BE CONSIDERED TMI!
I had another dr appt today. As usual, I was weighed and had my BP taken by a tech and then escorted to the examining room. She informed me they need to do a Group B Strep test this visit because although it poses no threat to me, it could to the baby during delivery. She took out the tube with the swab and told me how to do it. "Insert it about 2 inches into your {yoohoo} and swab around and then into your {yahoo} and swab around. Put it back in this tube, put the tube in to the plastic bag here and then take it to the lab. Remember, work front to back." Umm, ok... Apparently, I should take it to the lab because it's got to get there within 60 mins. Then she got the fetal heart rate.
The dr came in and asked how I was feeling to which I responded, "Good." No contractions, no bleeding, water hasn't broken. "Let's get a measurement. 35mm, right on track." Really, it was about 3 mins with the dr, and she hasn't done anything but measure my belly since I started seeing her in Oct. I'm not sensitive but doesn't she even want to peek at my cervix?? I've been told it's really unusual... Really, it's just not where it's supposed to be which always makes for a fun exam. She doesn't even know that yet. I'm sure it's easy to find now given my condition, but still...
I got to the lab and the girl there made a comment about how strange it is to have patients bring their own specimens. I told her I collected the specimen too and she thought I was nuts. "Only in the military."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I suggest you just jump up on the table and offer to let her have a peak. She'll be impressed with your proactive-ness :-)
Post a Comment