background

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy V-Day

I went to Sam's school yesterday for the banana split Valentine's Day party, I brought the whipped cream. Not real whipped cream but the canned aerosol stuff. I have to conserve my energy for the Cub Scout cake decorating contest next Saturday. But I did make a homemade raspberry-white chocolate cheesecake last night. Unfortunately, we didn't eat any of it because I started late and it was still warm at 10:30 last night. I'll get to try that bad boy tonight!

I spent Valentine's Day with my Mickity's husband, that was amusing to me. He wasn't even sure what day it was due to jetlag. Yagopuchae said he'd know if I had any secret fantasies about stealing him away from Mickity by the state of our house. If I freaked out and went on a cleaning binge that would mean Yago should be worried. Let's just say Yago slept comfortably. I guess he's forgotten I didn't exactly freak out cleaning for him even when we were dating...

Yago got Sam a Teen Titan book for Valentine's Day. Last night while I was making the cheesecake I told Sam he could watch what he wanted on tv. This is a priveledge never afforded him unless he's done a bunch of workbook pages and earned it, but I was feeling generous... He turned it to the kids channel and then announced he wanted to turn off the tv and read his book instead. I had to ask him to repeat himself. I couldn't believe it.

In other news, I can no longer cross my legs. It's annoying. I wish I could say it was because my belly is in the way but I think it's equally because my thighs are in the way.

P.S. If anyone's curious about what I got for Valentine's Day... A book entitled A Surprising History of How We Are Born, Birth with an inscription reading To Jenn, It could be worse.

4 comments:

Mickity said...

I never thought of that...you did get to spend valentines day with my hubbybubby. BTW - he is properly referred to as hubbybubby (at least in blogger land). This is done strictly to annoy Zephyr.

Your valentine's present, or more precisely, the inscription, is tres funny. Maybe next year you will get a trip to the Check Republic to make up for it.

Waldo said...

You don't even know, you should see the illustrations in this book.

yagopuchae said...

Mick-o, why must you remember all of my fault?

Mickity said...

heehee...I was not aware that you (Yago) were aware of the source of my amusement. It will make me chuckle all the way to school though :-)