background

Friday, September 28, 2007

I'll spare you the picture... for now.

I went rollerskating with Sammy last night and forgot my camera. Why do I keep doing that? I charge it and then forget to bring it. ...But that's not the picture I'm talking about.

The skate was for kids of deployed parents. I went expecting to watch (and listen) to Sam whine all evening but someone generously offered to keep an eye on Ralphie so I could skate with Schmitty. I nervously donned my skates, something I hadn't done in many many years.

We got out there and after a couple laps of wall hanging he agreed to hold my hand. We zipped around the rink but eventually my luck ran out. I fell right on my kiester. I forgot how much that hurts... Anyway, I'm sure it'll bruise up nicely and that's the picture I will spare you all.

We had a really good time, it was the first time in a long time that I got to interact with Sam without Ralphie taking priority. I think it was important, I forgot how much fun we have sometimes. I even told him maybe we could go back just the two of us when Dad gets home. He was pleased, he thought Dad had to be deployed for us to do that.

No comments: