background

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What have I done?

This morning at the bus stop I offered to start taking a Kindergartener in the morning. His mother was there for the first time and I was thrilled there was another mom to talk to. Unfortunately, she starts a new job on Monday.

It was her first time taking Isaiah to the bus stop and she was surprised how dangerous it is. (I watch Isaiah almost every morning run around and not listen to the high schooler that's supposed to be babysitting him.) I told her that even though Sam's in second grade I go with him every morning and make him stand away from the bus stop. (As evidenced during our conversation, Sam was the only kid a decent distance from the busy road.) I was actually happy she was concerned because I always wondered why she didn't walk with him in the morning when I knew she wasn't working.

Anyway, I told her she could drop him by our house in the mornings on her way to work and he could walk with Sam, Ralphie and me. Now I'm wondering if Isaiah will listen to me any better than he listens to the other babysitters. I hope so. I think I'm meaner.

1 comment:

Mickity said...

no good deed goes unpunished....SUCKER!