background

Thursday, May 29, 2008

more of a tidying

I watched Oprah last week when she had Kathy Preston (sp?) on as a guest. They were talking about the "21 day cleanse" and I was interested but skeptical. She talks about giving up certain foods for 21 days to improve your spirituality and rid your body of toxins. I was interested in it for the novelty, challenge and health benefits. You're supposed to give up animals (meat and fish) and animal products (to include yogurt, butter, eggs, etc), caffeine, alcohol, sugar, and glutein.

First, I can't do it for 21 days. That's too long. Second, give up gluten? I don't think so. I can't give up bread and all things wheaty. Caffeine? I don't think I can do that either, I love coffee and we just bought the loveliest coffeemaker last year. It sits in the kitchen and looks at me all day long, beckoning me over for another steamy cup of heaven.

I am thinking about it and maybe soon I'll commit to a 14 day tidying instead of a 21 day cleanse. Maybe only 7 days to start...

1 comment:

Mickity said...

I wondered about that...but I eat sandwhiches almost everyday for lunch. What the hell would I eat? And dairy...well we saw how that worked out on my new years resolution.