I went to the courthouse today to get an official copy of the custody and child support agreement for the adoption case. Don't get me started on why I'm doing what I paid a lawyer to do... it's just easier.
I called to order the documents yesterday, they were ready for me today after noon. I had Yago come home to watch the midget while I drove to the courthouse. I'd like to know what it is that makes a person feel guilty just going to the courthouse? I had to go through a metal detector which is widely practiced but still makes me feel weird. I just felt like everyone assumed I had either done something wrong or was associated with someone who broke the law. It wasn't pleasant.
I found the office I was looking for. The clerk asked if I wanted regular copies or certified copies, "Certified, please." It occurred to me after the request that I'd have to pay for them and I didn't have any money on me. I found an ATM and went back up to pay $7.50 for the certified copies. I left the building from a different door than I entered so it took me a few minutes to find my car. I finally found it... with a gosh darn parking ticket on it! Three minutes. Are you kidding? $16. I guess that's why everyone feels like a criminal at the courthouse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment