I feel like I haven't had a moment's rest in the last couple of weeks, it's been non-stop. It'll be nice to just sit and relax for a day. (Not today, but soon.)
I'm discovering that married couples making friends with other married couples is kind of difficult. It doesn't seem like it should be so complicated but it is. We had some people over for dinner last night and the kids got along great. (An added complication in befriending a couple, it helps if they have children about the same age as yours.) Yago works with the guy so they have a lot to talk about but the wife is a homeschooler which I initially found interesting until I realized that's about all she talks about.
I was thinking about someone I met at work recently, we used to work together years ago when we were both active duty. Her husband commissioned and is a major now, I thought maybe we could have them over but I really didn't like her husband fifteen years ago and I doubt I'd like him now. Really doubt. I found him to be an egotistical jerk and he could only have gotten worse.
Yago's home with our grumpy baby, I'll post more later.
Happy New Year. (late, of course)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I have no friends so I don't know what to tell ya.
I do remember being really good friends with someone and then having my husband not like their husband. Made for fun times. I guess I don't have that issue anymore.
Post a Comment