Hey, shopping venues, take a little note from Victoria's Secret when it comes to dressing room mirrors.
I went shopping a couple of days ago to spend my Christmas and birthday money only to be horrified in the dressing rooms. Overhead flourescent lighting is a NO-NO when you're trying to get someone to spend money on your clothes. You want them to feel fabulous, not fat and wobbly when trying on merchandise. Let the customer get it home and wear it a few times before they feel like ten pounds of poo stuffed in a five pound sack. Really.
Also? After holiday sales stink... Unless of course you're a size 00, 0, 2, or XL. Those were the only sizes I found. I never was that size, ever. I went from a girls 14 to a brief acquaintance with 5 then straight to a 7. 00? Never have been and never will be.
Another thing. What on earth happened to pant legs since I last went shopping? I knew wide legs were coming back but everything I tried on felt like each of my legs had its own swinging skirt, I wasn't prepared for that. I'm so out of what's in fashion it's not funny.
I officially started a diet today, I want to lose 10 lbs in two months. I opened the diet with an omelet, perhaps not my best decision but I'll be good the remainder of the day. What else was I supposed to do with 32 eggs in the fridge? Really. Thirty two eggs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm with ya on the lighting in the fitting rooms....what gives?!
I think I'm sadly unfashionable as well.I look at some clothes and think...WTF?
I hope you enjoyed your time as a 5....I was never even that small so I don't want to hear your whining :-)
Post a Comment