background

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

wasted

Half my day so far has been wasted. I surfed the Internet forever looking for the bio father (BF) but I can't find him. I'll have to wait for the NE lawyer to contact the FL lawyer so the FL lawyer can sit on whatever he finds out for another two months. He told me in our last conversation he will call me. In other words, don't call him anymore. I'd be fine with that if we weren't exactly where we started five darn months ago. Back when I told him this would be a problem and he might have to subpeona the state of NE. I would pay whatever fee on a website if I was positive it'd be useful information. I don't want a list of 20 addresses without dates so that I don't know which one is current. I've been very preoccupied with this. Lawyers. What did I pay this guy $1500 to do?

I just heard on the radio that Andy Rooney is 90! Holy crap, I knew his birthday was coming up but I thought he was turning 80. When Ed Bradley died I was emotional, I can't imagine how I'll feel when Andy dies. You know, I always assume he's rich but he's so... cheap. Maybe five minutes on television once a week doesn't pay what I thought it did. Or maybe it's his generation, living through the Depression and all. He sure does love to save some money though!

This afternoon is parent teacher conferences, I have my list of questions typed out and ready to go. Unfortunately they got stepped on so there's a brown footprint on what is now a crinkled piece of paper. I can't use that. Since we don't have a printer I'll have to neatly write them on a clean piece of paper.

I'm so mad. (back to my opening paragraph) BF and I share custody. What if Schmitty just wanted visitation, which is perfectly within his rights. Why would the state not provide us contact information? It's such crap. The BF is supposed to provide health insurance, but isn't. What if there was an illness? Why the heck should I have to retain a lawyer in NE to subpeona his darn address and phone number?

No comments: