I was a complete idiot yesterday.
Schmitty and I had just finished up some calligraphy and he was putting the kit away, it was an Easter present. He closed the kit and said, "What do ya know, the Easter bunny spent $19.95 on my calligraphy kit!" I asked him where he saw that, because I knew I had taken the sticker off. He pointed to where it was printed on the back. I said something and he replied smiling, "Or maybe you did!" I smiled back at him and replied, "Maybe I did." I immediately knew I had made a mistake, his face turned red and his smile vanished.
I felt sooo bad. I thought he knew because the day before Easter he reminded me that I needed to buy Peeps.
He started crying and I started apologizing, profusely. I hugged him and told him that I was sorry, I thought he knew. I said, "You kind of knew, didn't you?" I felt him nod against my ribs. When he stepped away to get a tissue I told him I was going to change Ralph's diaper. I called him over after a couple minutes and asked if he wanted to talk about it or pretend it never happened and he chose the latter. I high-fived him and we haven't mentioned it since.
I took him to Sonic and bought him some ink.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ok - you totally just broke my heart
Poor little guy!
Post a Comment